Catching up from June???
I went to Country Fest 2011 with my sister
I went to my graduation ceremony
Scott and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary
Scott, Laura and I went to the best garage sale
Ready for July??? I am!
This morning, Scott and I took Abby our for another early morning run. . . we were trying to beat the heat – it is supposed to be in the upper 90s today!
Unfortunately, it was already 75 degrees and humid out this morning. I was a hot sweaty mess when we got back. We took a couple of rest breaks underneath shady trees for Abby (and me!). We covered about 5 miles.
So, of course, the only thing that sounded good (after drinking a bottle of water)… iced caramel skim latte = hot summer morning perfection!
Also, a good time to review my June goals and make some new ones!
- Here are my goals from June:
- Actually make the wheat berries and eat them! – check!
- Put quinoa on my grocery list and make it happen – not yet. . .but I have quite a few recipes now that I want to check out so this will happen soon!
- Shred DVD at least 25 times this month (giving myself 5 days to skip due to working late, like last night, being out of town, etc) – major fail! Only 10 times. . . I haven’t done it in over a week now. I need to get the ball rolling because I really like the way my muscles look when I am doing it on a regular basis. I wish my YMCA offered body pump. . . oh body pump, I miss you!
- Spinach in smoothies – ahhhh still scared! and I don’t know how I feel about eating a green smoothie. .. I like the pink color!
- Continue weekly goals – dropped the ball on this one!
- Start increasing ‘long run’ distance weekly in preparation for half marathon in August – we did one long-er run (6.75 miles). . . something to keep working on!
Goals for July!
Continue to try new things: quinoa and spinach in smoothies!
Longer weekly runs – at least one run per week over 5 miles
Commit to Shred/strength training 3x/week
I think less is more this month, so I’ll leave it with those 3 goals. . .
What are your goals for July?
Scott and I are heading out to the Lake for the 4th of July weekend, so I’ll see you guys next week. Have a great holiday weekend!