I did it (again)

Well, I did it. . . again.

I went back to work (again) this week and –>

Luke had his first day at daycare.

We both survived.

I cried at the drop off, while he smiled his little baby smile at me.

I was doing fine until I went to tell the staff person that when he gets fussy, he likes to be swaddled and bounced, (and now I am tearing up just thinking about it. . .) and then I lost it. The staff person was super nice and just acted like this happened all the time. Thankfully, I was able to pull it together to finish telling her everything that I thought she should know.

And then I handed him over. And went to work. I was able to see him thru the windows into the infant room before I drove away. I could see him being held by the same staff person who took him from me. And his little chubby cheeks. Content at being held. Seriously, broke my heart, but made me feel better at the same time. I knew that he would be well cared for and hopefully will have some benefits for him too.

In terms of dropping him off, it really couldn’t have been easier. I had to fill out a little sheet saying how he slept last night, when the last time he ate was, and any comments for the staff for the day. I think it took less than 5 minutes.

All the ladies at work were really nice to me today.  .. all understanding how hard the first day can be. And my large Caribou caramel skim latte was helpful too.

I  made myself wait until noon to call the daycare and see how he was doing. Thankfully I had a pretty busy morning in clinic so I couldn’t spend too much time thinking about it. When I called, he had just woken up from a nap and was getting some lunch and doing very well.

Thankfully, the afternoon went just as quick, and before I knew it, I was back to pick him up. He was being fed when I got there. The staff feeding him, stopped his bottle and he screamed bloody murder at being interrupted during a meal. And she told him, “I know your mad but I think you’ll like why.”  And he stopped as soon as I got him in my arms. Smile Smile Smile 

I got a sheet filled out with his details (diapers, naps and bottles) during the day.


We spent some time playing when we got home. I am hoping at some point to be able to fit in a quick workout, but for now, I was more than happy to skip that in favor of spending more time with my favorite little one.



I don’t know how tomorrow (day 2) will go. . . and right now I don’t want to think about it! I just hope it is better/easier than today. 


1 Comment

Filed under baby

One response to “I did it (again)

  1. Aunt Jenny

    Glad everyone survived! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s